Customer: What do I get when I purchase the 4–star Maintenance Agreement?
*The agreement last you 365 days from the day you purchase it. You will receive two (2) maintenance check ups. Your second visit will always be at no charge for the maintenance check up; this is what we call your prepaid visit:
- One is going to be for your a/c–cooling unit, which is the outdoor unit, they are going to check all the components on the system make sure they are functioning like they are suppose to, check the freon levels, and wash the condenser coil to make sure there is no debris blocking air flow so you can get the maximum efficiency from your system. This cleaning is not commonly part of a maintenance check with other contractors, but we include it because we feel it is a vital part to assure that the system is performing to its top efficiency for you.
- One is for your heating unit, which is the indoor unit; again they will be checking all the components of the system to make sure they are functioning properly. If it is a gas system they will check to make sure there are no gas leaks and check for proper combustion and carbon monoxide levels, if it is a heat pump system they will check the electronic heat strips to make sure they are all energizing properly.
These check ups are non-transferable, meaning they can’t have two (2) A/C checks if they don’t use the heat check during the appropriate times to have it done or vise versa. The maintenance agreement is sold to that specific piece of equipment and stays with that equipment; they cannot use the second visit at another property or piece of equipment.
–The other benefits are:
- Any repair made to the system will be discounted of the normal price. (It’s roughly a 10% discount.)
- Any repair made to the system will receive a two (2) year warranty as long as the maintenance agreement is in effect at the time of the repair.
- If your system breaks down and we come out and make a repair to the system during that same visit, you will not be charged the normal diagnostics fee. If no repairs are made during that visit for whatever reason, i.e. declined, was unable to, unit unplugged or turned off, dirty filter, thermostat not turned on or not set correctly, then the customer will be charged the diagnostics fee.
- 7 day emergency service, which means afterhours or on the weekends, if your system stops working give us a call and we will schedule you at our very first available appointment.
- Triple Payback towards a new A/C system from General Air Conditioning. If your system requires replacement or you elect to replace it, we give you three times your maintenance agreement money back towards the system replacement. Even if your system is old and you maintain it, you don’t lose out.
General Air Conditioning will do it’s best to remind customers to schedule appropriate times for the tune–ups with post cards and phone calls but it’s ultimately up to the customer to make the appointment for service or renewing the maintenance agreement.